Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Critter Spotting




The sun only directly shines into our apartment in the afternoon, so mornings are the perfect time to open up the windows and enjoy the breeze. With the windows open today, I heard a woman talking loudly. When I went to the bedroom window to investigate, a hummingbird flew just inches from the screen. It quickly darted away and landed on a tree branch right outside the apartment with the loud-speaking lady. As it perched, it looked more like a leaf than a bird. I watched it for awhile as it sped like a flash from one patch of sky to the next. My eye soon rested on a lizard climbing the wall below. Why do most animals remind me of Zeek?

1 comment:

Mark said...

Zeek is the embodiment of all animals. His ancient name is Zeekocuousalous, which loosely translates into "the one, great, all encompassing good boy"