Friday, April 3, 2009

The Augury of Spring

Changed my calendar today---three days after March had expired. I can't say that I've ever had much respect for April. What other month do you know of that intentionally starts off jerking you around? That's right...none of them. When I was living in the cold north, April was a big tease. Every year I sought the augury of spring, conjuring up every ounce of prognosticating folklore. Did the groundhog see his shadow? Did March come in like a lion? Does April snow count for showers bringing flowers? And with that and other nonsense, I would wait...and wait...and WAIT. So now, when I wake each day to sunny, bird-chirping weather----I feel less superstitious. Though, one angst is easily replaced for another; mine is now summer.

*thanks to Samantha for a lovely calendar i enjoy very much!

3 comments:

That Shop In Milford said...

I will never view April in the same way again!!

Samantha said...

Thanks for the shout out!

LOVE THE NEW LOOK!

Unknown said...

ha! thanks...you know I like it...for now... :-)