Saturday, September 13, 2008

Celebrity Sighting

Totally saw Luke Wilson at Starbucks today----either that or someone who looks exactly like him. We went in about noon, he ordered right before us and was waiting for his drink. A didn't even notice him----- he said WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING?!? Well, I said...at first I wasn't sure it was him and then once I thought it was, you were too far away to alert without being shamefully obvious. Once LW (ridiculously handsome b t w) exited, both baristas were in a stir. Don't you think it was him...no...could it have been? Really? You think so? I mean it looked just like him! Then I decided to chime in...are you guys talking about the guy that just left. I definitely think it was him. Another guy who had been sitting by the entrance of the store hopped up and said YEAH it was him. Funny thing was that while we were all in an uproar over whether it was or wasn't HIM...there was a tall blonde who just came out of the ladies room and stood waiting quietly for her drink. She heard us all speculating and as A and I left and walked to our car, we saw the same pretty blonde get in the car with LW. Now I kind of regret being worried about politeness and respecting his privacy. I'd like to think our interaction might have gone something like this:




I catch his attention and mouth, "Are you Luke Wilson?"


And then he would silently confirm.


Then I would smile and say, "COOL."




That would be it. No autograph, no picture, no hysteria. Just me confirming what I already thought. Maybe it would have been worth the risk?

2 comments:

chevygirl said...

Cool sighting! Mind if I ask which Starbucks it was?

Unknown said...

It was great! :) Starbucks on Mc Dowell & 99th, Avondale, AZ