Friday, March 27, 2009

Sock Monkey Rx


Mom always has the best medicine for cheering me up, even if it is a bit unconventional for my age. This time, it is a colorful sock monkey that, "takes all your troubles away!" It arrived on Wednesday, and is now clinging with magnetic arms and legs on the lamp near my bed. Over the past 5 or so years, whenever I ended up in the hospital, my mom would buy me some little creature. Even though I'm not a little kid anymore (and thankfully not hospitalized)-----getting a lamb, monkey, bee or several fuzzy flowers makes me feel better. Knowing you are loved is one of the best sources of encouragement anyone could have. Each time I see that silly sock monkey, I smile.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

That has got to be one of the most adorable sock monkeys that I have ever seen...Your mom rocks!

Unknown said...

I love how colorful it is---and yes...my mom does rock! Thanks! :-)

That Shop In Milford said...

(bowing)