Monday, October 27, 2008

Confirming My Paranoia

Just a few minutes ago Adam sent this story my way with subject, "I thought you should see this story." Now, considering my recent paranoia about mountain lion's eating my head when hiking in the Arizona desert you might wonder why a story confirming my worst fears would be a good idea. The report titled, "Mountain lion that stalked Ariz. hiker killed," told of a hiker who in spite of wielding a gun, man's best friend and boots with jeans no doubt (boots and jeans are my own conjuring) found himself the stalked prey of a vicious mountain lion. This case had authorities concerned, "U.S. Forest Service officials found the incident troubling because the lion showed no fear of humans. 'It was not acting in a way that normal mountain lions act,' Schewel said, adding that it was "an obvious threat to human safety." No fear of humans! Obviously this guy did not have the Incredible Gun-Wielding Snake-Distracting Duo of Berry and Son but with such a cantankerous kitty I doubt it would have mattered.

No comments: