Thursday, August 13, 2009

6 Years Y'ALL

6 years y'all. Adam whisked me away to Tucson last weekend to celebrate our anniversary. It was a complete surprise. He told me to pack a bag and make sure I had a bathing suit, jeans, boots, and something nice to wear. I picked him up from work Friday and we left from the office. Such a strange feeling to drive toward an unknown destination. Especially because he never once consulted a map. After a couple hours, we arrived at the El Conquistador. A beautiful place situated at the base of the Santa Catalina Mountain range just outside Tucson. As if simply getting away wasn't enough of a surprise, he told me we needed to get to bed "early" because we had an appointment in the morning. Early was 6:30am, and we quickly threw on jeans, boots and a couple ball caps. Outside was the perfect temperature, and a wonderful mixture of quiet and tiny desert creatures. A golf cart, with a friendly host, drove us the short distance to... the...stables! I thought maybe we were going on an early morning desert hike---but instead we saddled two horses --Cash and Danny--for an hour journey through the surrounding landscape. My absolute first time riding a horse and I loved it! Though, I can't imagine how people galloped for miles and miles on the creatures. My hind was pretty sore and we stuck to a trot!

No comments: