Friday, December 5, 2008

Humorous Humbuggery

Much has changed since last year. Don we no longer winter apparel. Instead, Adam had on shorts and sandals on December one. This seems wrong to me. Both of us really miss the Cleveland snowfalls and *shock* the chill of winter. Though I think it has more to do with the ideal of Christmas. Songs like Frosty the Snowman, Let it Snow, and Dashing Through the ...SNOW. As a kid I earnestly prayed for a white Christmas every year. I remember hoping with all my heart to wake up at grandma's, look outside and see snow. Even a few measly flakes felt like a Christmas Miracle tantamount to George Bailey realizing he wants to live. So when it's 70 degrees, sunny and desert-scape out my window...it makes me a bit dejected. But it may also have something to do with our tree this year:
Not so hot compared with last year's nugget of festive cheer:

Or the year before that:


Okay...so MAYBE we haven't decided if that crazy hook and wire thingy and festive potholder will be the extent of our holiday decor. Who knows? I might get all inspired and put some ornaments on it. That would be terrific!


No comments: